Register your CHIP
Register all your Vodafone SIM Cards Now.
In order to stay connected on the network that works, register all your Vodafone SIM cards by the 30th of June 2011.
Register all your Vodafone SIM cards i.e. Mobile phone SIM, USB modem and Mobile desk phone at any Vodafone shop or authorized agent and enjoy great value on a great network.
Vodafone, Power to you
The National Communications Authority (NCA) has issued a directive for the registration of all mobile phone chips in the country, including mobile broadband modems and mobile desk phones.
To register your SIM card, present a valid ID at any Vodafone Shop or authorised vendor near you.
The NCA directive is in two parts:
- After June 30, 2010, any new chip purchased in the country must be registered with the network operator in question before that chip can be activated for use
- By June 30, 2011, all existing mobile subscribers in the country must have registered their chips with their network operator in order to avoid being disconnected from their network
Following this directive Vodafone has commenced the exercise to register chips of subscribers.
What to register
All chips that are used for providing any service through Vodafone’s network including but not limited to, mobile phones; USB dongles; net books; GSM trackers - any device that a chip/SIM enables.
How to register
To register go personally to any Vodafone Shop or any authorized registration centre with the following information;
- Date of Birth
- Vodafone mobile number to be registered
- Valid ID Card - Voter’s, National and NHIS Cards, Driver’s License or Passport
Where to register
You can register at any Vodafone Shop or authorised registration centre.
Vodafone has facilitated pre-registration in appreciation of your valuable time by enabling you to complete 90% of the registration procedure and thereby reducing time spent at the registration centres.
You can pre-register your number by:
• Typing *145# and following the prompts.
• SMS ‘new’ to 146 and follow the prompts. SMS is free.
• Using our website through this link: http://simregistration.vodafone.com.gh/vfone/self
You will still need to personally visit any Vodafone Shop or any authorised registration centre with a valid ID card - voter’s, national and NHIS cards, driver’s license or passport - to complete the registration process.
For further information call our customer support line on 011.
For further information, please refer to our FAQs.