Terms and Conditions
The Vodafone Talk To Browse offer was launched on 11th October 2018 at 00:00:00 GMT. The offer is being run by Ghana Telecommunications Company Limited (operating under the brand name Vodafone Ghana, and hereinafter referred to as “Vodafone”).
The following provisions define the terms and conditions (‘Terms and Conditions’) governing the Offer. By accessing and using the mechanics and rewards provided in this Offer, the Customer shall be deemed to have consented and agreed to these Terms and Conditions and be bound accordingly.
All customers warrant that they have carefully read and fully understood these Terms and Conditions.
- Offer Features
- A customer who wants to enjoy this offer is required to register by dialling 5050
Once a customer registers for this offer, the customer is entitled to the following:
- 10p per minute tariff to all local networks (onnet and offnet).
- 10p per MB tariff when browsing Pay as You Go.
- 10MB of bonus data for every billed minute of local call that is made.
- The following rules apply for the acquisition of the Talk To Browse bonus data.
- Bonus can only be accrued on billed voice calls only.
- Bonus cannot be accrued via the use of bonus airtime for calls or the use of other bonuses.
- For every minute of billed call that the customer makes, customer will be credited with 10MB of Talk To Browse bonus data.
- The Talk To Browse bonus data will be credited to the customer upon the completion of the call session.
- The Talk To Browse bonus can be accumulated within the day and used anytime within the same day.
- All the accrued Talk To Browse bonuses that are not used by 23:59:59 GMT of the same day will be lost.
- A customer needs to make a minimum of one minute of call within a session to start accruing the Talk To Browse bonus data.
- For the purpose of awarding the data bonuses, calls will be rounded off to the lower whole minute. E.g. a customer who makes a call lasting 5 minutes 40 seconds will accrue 50MB of bonus data.
- The following rules will apply to the use of the Talk To Browse bonus data:
- The Bonus can be used for all browsing activities.
- Bonus is valid till 23:59:59 GMT on the day it is earned.
- Bonus cannot be transferred to another customer.
- In data charging, this bonus will have priority over primary airtime, bonus airtime and in-bundle data buckets.
- Tariff: 10p/min for all locals and 10p/MB for Data Pay as you GO.
- Subscription: No subscription fee applies.
- Customers on core bundles will have to forgo the benefits of their current core bundle in
order to subscribe to this bundle.
- Customers on Talk To Browse cannot subscribe to other core bundles unless they forgo
the benefits of their Talk To Browse offer.
2.8 Standard charges still apply for IDD, SMS, VAS and bundle services on the network.
- Detailed Offer Mechanics
- Customer has dialed 5050 to subscribe to the Talk To Browse offer.
- Customer makes a billed call transaction that lasts for a minimum of one minute.
- At the end of the call, the customer will be credited with the Talk To Browse bonus
corresponding to the duration of the call.
3.4. Customer will also receive a notification confirming the successful allocation of his/her Talk To Browse bonus.
- Eligibility for Participation
The following persons are eligible to participate:
4.1. All Vodafone Anniversary promotion subscribers are eligible and will automatically be registered to enjoy this offer.
4.2. All other consumer mobile prepaid subscribers are eligible.
4.3. Vodafone reserves the right to disqualify any Customer if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Customer has breached any provision of the Terms and Conditions of this offer.
- Limitation of liability
5.1. Vodafone accepts no responsibility whatsoever for and without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control.
5.2. Vodafone reserves the right to suspend the offer temporarily or permanently for legal, regulatory and for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades) whenever it is deemed necessary. Vodafone undertakes where possible to restore the offer as soon as practicable after any temporary suspension. Vodafone shall not be liable for any claims, losses or injuries whatsoever that the Customer may suffer as a result of any such suspension.
5.3. Vodafone reserves the right to modify or update any or all aspects of this offer at any time that it deems necessary. This includes but not limited to:
- the minimum duration of a call that makes a subscriber eligible to receive Talk To Browse bonus. This is currently set at 60 full seconds.
- the event type that makes a subscriber eligible to receive Talk To Browse bonus. This is currently set as local on-net and off-net call events.
- the amount of data that can be given as Talk To Browse bonus. This is currently set as 10 megabytes per minute.
- the in-product tariff for calls and data browsing, for customers who register for Talk To Browse. This is currently set at GHS 0.10, for both local calls and data browsing.
- the validity and expiry conditions of the Talk To Browse bonus. This is currently set at 23:59:59 GMT of the same day.
- the eligibility criteria for Talk To Browse.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
6.1. Vodafone makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the Offer will be uninterrupted and error-free.
6.2. Vodafone will not be liable to customer if it cannot provide part or all of the service for any reason outside of its reasonable control.
6.3. Neither Vodafone nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Customer for participating in the Offer.
- Vodafone shall not be responsible for any technical malfunction of any telephone or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Customers’ or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials on the Offer.
6.5. By entering the Offer, the Customer agrees that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted or made against Vodafone, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
- Data protection and Publicity
7.1. By participating in the Offer, the Customer agrees that any of his/her data, including names, photos and video images, may be used by Vodafone for advertising, demonstration or marketing purposes with no prior consent of the Customer and at no charge to Vodafone.
7.2. Vodafone as a Data Controller may disclose Customers’ data to its contractors or agents (data processors) in line with the Data Protection Act, 2010 (Act 843) to assist in conducting this Offer or any future Offer.
8.1. Vodafone reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or amend the Offer and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted online at http://www.vodafone.com.gh and shall be binding on the Customer.
8.2. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, conduct, results, and all other matters relating to the Offer, the decision of Vodafone shall be final and without appeal.
8.3. These Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect while the Offer lasts (not taking into account temporary suspensions of the offer for operational reasons, e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
8.4 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana.
8.5 All other Vodafone Terms and Conditions regarding the use of the Vodafone Services remain applicable.