VODAFONE GHANA MUSIC AWARDS (VGMA)
PREDICT & WIN
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) Predict & Win (hereinafter referred to as “VGMA Predictor”) is a contest that seeks to provide opportunity for subscribers to partake in a prediction competition based on the 2020 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards nominations. VGMA Predictor is organised by Ghana Telecommunications Company Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Vodafone Ghana”) and its agents.
VGMA Predictor is limited to Vodafone Ghana’s consumer mobile prepaid subscribers only.
3.0 Prediction Mechanics:
- Players join VGMA Predictor by dialling USSD *525# on their Vodafone Ghana prepaid line and following the prompt; or by visiting web URL http://bit.ly/VfVgma20
- Once registered onto VGMA Predictor, a daily subscription fee of GHS 0.50 is required to be paid by each Player, in order to unlock twenty (20) predictions for a day. The defined end to each day, is 23:59:59 GMT.
- Each day, upon successful payment of the GHS 0.50 subscription fee, a Player dials USSD *525# or visits web URL http://bit.ly/VfVgma20, in order to enter predictions for the day.
- For the 2020 VGMA Predictor, six (6) award categories have been made available for predictions. These are;
- Artiste of the Year (shortened as “Best Artiste”)
- Best New Artiste of the Year (shortened as “Best New Artiste”)
- Best African Artiste of the year (shortened as Best African Artiste)
- Best Group of the Year (shortened as “Best Group”)
- Vodafone Most Popular Song of the Year (shortened as “Best Song”)
- Album of the Year (shortened as “Best Album”)
- A Player has discretion on how to allocate the twenty (20) daily predictions allowance, to the six (6) categories available.
- The predictions inputted on this VGMA Predictor does not in any way affect the actual voting for the nominees in these categories for the actual VGMA event.
4.0 Promo Duration:
From 2nd March 2020 at 00:00:01 GMT, up until the day of the final awards ceremony at 18:00:00 GMT.
| ||How Many Winners?||How Much Prize?|
|Daily Cash||10 Daily||GHS 10|
|Weekly Cash||5 Weekly||GHS 100|
|Grand Prize - 1st||1 After Awards||GHS 30,000|
|Grand Prize - 2nd||1 After Awards||GHS 10,000|
6.0 Determination of Winners
- Winners of VGMA Predictor are to be selected as follows:
- Daily Cash: The first ten (10) Players to have completely allocated the allowable twenty (20) predictions within a day (based on recorded timestamps), automatically win GHS 10 each. Subscriber can only win daily prize once per week.
- Weekly Cash: The first five (5) Players who enter the most predictions allocated at the end of each week, automatically win GHS 100 each. In the event of a tie, the Player or Players who reached the tied figure first (based on recorded timestamps), are automatically given an advantage. Subscriber can only win weekly prize once a month.
- Grand Prizes: After the VGMA awards ceremony, the two (2) players who entered the most predictions that turned out to be correct (based on the actual awards outcome) across all the listed categories; win the two (2) grand prizes. In the event of a tie, the Player or Players who reached the tied figure first, are automatically given an advantage.
- In order to select winner for VGMA Predict & Win grand prize, the following conditions shall be applied in determining which subscriber gets an advantage. These conditions are applied in the following order:
- First, the subscriber with the highest cumulative votes. This is always the first winner selection criteria, unless there are ties.
- With (1) above failing to produce clear winners; the subscriber that reached the tied voting figure at the earliest time.
- With (1) and (2) above still failing to produce clear winners; the subscriber with the highest instances of successful daily GHS 0.50 subscription fee payments during the period.
7.0 Redemption of Prizes
The following rules and guidance shall be applied to winners and prizes redemption;
- All winners shall be contacted via voice call or SMS text from a Vodafone Ghana representative, to communicate arrangements for prize redemption.
- Prize shall be transferred to another subscriber if a winner contacted; does not answer the call, does not respond to SMS notifications or is out of reach within 48 hours of first contact being made.
- All Daily and Weekly cash prize payments shall be made via Vodafone Cash platform. Winners are all required to register for Vodafone Cash platform in order to successfully receive payments. Payments may come with SMS notifications.
8.0 Limitation of liability
- Vodafone Ghana accepts no responsibility whatsoever for and without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control.
- Vodafone Ghana shall make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the benefits promoted as being available to Players shall be available as represented. However, Vodafone Ghana does not guarantee or warrant that such benefits shall always be available. Vodafone Ghana advises Players to check availability of the desired benefits prior to redemption of the said benefits.
- If for any reason any aspect of VGMA Predictor is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of Vodafone Ghana which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of VGMA Predictor, Vodafone Ghana may in its sole discretion modify or suspend VGMA Predictor. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Vodafone Ghana and which prevents Vodafone Ghana from complying with these Terms and Conditions Vodafone Ghana shall not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- Vodafone Ghana reserves the right to suspend VGMA Predictor temporarily or permanently for legal, regulatory and for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades) whenever it is deemed necessary. Vodafone Ghana undertakes where possible to restore VGMA Predictor as soon as practicable after any temporary suspension period. Vodafone Ghana shall not be liable for any claims, losses or injuries whatsoever the Player may suffer as a result of any such suspension
9.0 Disclaimer of Warranties
- Vodafone Ghana makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of VGMA Predictor shall be uninterrupted and error-free.
- Neither Vodafone Ghana nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Player for participating in the VGMA Predictor.
- A Player’s continued participation in VGMA Predictor constitutes the Player’s acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions. Players are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that Vodafone Ghana may make to these Terms and Conditions. Vodafone Ghana shall endeavour to make available the Terms and Conditions and any changes thereto on the Vodafone Ghana website – www.vodafone.com.gh.
- If Vodafone Ghana or any Partner improperly denies a participant any benefits that the participant ought to have earned under VGMA Predictor, the participant’s exclusive remedy shall be the issuance of the improperly denied benefits by Vodafone Ghana, if available, or such other reasonable, alternative and comparable benefits as determined by Vodafone Ghana. In the event of any of the aforementioned improper denials, the liability of Vodafone Ghana shall be limited to the value of the benefits concerned.
- Participants are liable for any claims from third parties, including the tax authorities, arising from participation in VGMA Predictor.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winners agree that Vodafone may use any of their data, including names, photos and video images, for advertising, demonstration or marketing purposes with no prior consent of the winner and at no charge to Vodafone. Personal data relating to participants in VGMA Predictor that may be processed and used for purposes of the VGMA Predictor shall be in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law. We may process the personal data of the Players as part of the 90 Minutes Euros, in accordance with our customer Privacy Statement which can be found on the Vodafone Ghana website or can be requested at any of our Retail Shops.
- Vodafone Ghana reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or amend VGMA Predictor and these Terms and Conditions, reward structure, participation of any Vodafone Ghana customer in VGMA Predictor at any time. Any changes shall be posted on the Vodafone Ghana website and other online platforms and shall be binding on a Player. Vodafone Ghana shall use all endeavours to minimise any effect on the Player in order to avoid disappointment.
- In the event of dispute regarding the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, conduct and all other matters relating to VGMA Predictor the decision of Vodafone Ghana shall be final and without appeal.
- These Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while VGMA Predictor lasts (not taking into account temporary suspensions of VGMA Predictor for operational reasons, e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana.