Magic Recharge Promo is a recharge based campaign that rewards all Vodafone prepaid subscribers for every reload of GHs 2 and above. Upon subscription, subscribers get up to a WHOPPING 100X bonus and also stand a chance to win amazing prizes such as a brand new Hyundai Creta, Trips to Dubai, Mobile Phones, Cash, Airtime and more.
Promo duration: 29th April 2019 to 27th July 2019.
Subscription fee: FREE
Dial *561# now to subscribe. Terms and conditions apply.
Magic Recharge Promotion – Terms and Conditions
This Terms and Conditions applies to consumer prepaid customers only.
The Vodafone magic Recharge promotion starts on 29th April, 2019 at 00:00:01 GMT and ends on 27th July, 2019 at 23:59:59 GMT. The Promotion is organized by Ghana Telecommunications Company Limited (operating under the brand name Vodafone Ghana, and hereinafter referred to as “Vodafone”).
The following provisions define the terms and conditions (‘Terms and Conditions’) governing the Promotion. By accessing and using the mechanics and prizes provided in this Promotion, the Customer shall be deemed to have consented and agreed to these Terms and Conditions and be bound accordingly.
All Customers warrant that they have read carefully and have understood fully these Terms and Conditions which are posted on http://www.vodafone.com.gh.
- Promo Features
2.1. There are two legs to the Promotion.
- Leg 1: Freemium: a subscription free leg that allows subscribers to enjoy rewards on reloads.
- Leg 2: Premium: a subscription-based leg that allows subscribers to win prizes by performing a series of activities.
- Tariff: No special tariff applies to this promotion. Subscribers remain on their existing tariff upon subscription.
Freemium: No subscription fee applies.
Premium: 40pesewas daily subscription fee.
- Eligibility for Participation in Magic Recharge
The following persons are eligible to participate in the 2 levels of the Promotion:
3.1 All Vodafone mobile consumer prepaid subscribers are eligible for the Promotion.
3.2 Vodafone employees and their immediate families (including spouses, parents, children and siblings) are NOT eligible to participate in this Promotion.
3.3 All individuals professionally connected with Vodafone (including contractors, and owners and employees of registered vendors of Vodafone) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
3.4 All eligible Customers must be 18 years or above to claim participate in this Promotion.
3.5 Vodafone reserves the right to disqualify any Customer if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Customer has breached any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- How to Participateand Win
4.1 Leg 1: Freemium
- Subscribers can opt-in for this leg of the promotion by dialling *561# or by dialling 561.
- Customers will not be charged for subscribing to this promotion.
- Once the customer opts-in, they will get the following benefits;
- A random multiplier of 3x to 100x on all reloads from GHS 2 and above will be given to subscriber as bonus airtime.(Party A);
- The ability for Party A to share his recharge pin with up to 2 friends (Party B & C) to reload and get bonus airtime equal to the reload amount of Party A.
- The chance to win random prizes when Party A recharges with GHS 2 or more.
- The chance to win more prizes if Party A accumulates higher points.
- Party B&C who recharge using Party A’s reload pin can do so by using *561*PIN#.
- Party B&C require a minimum balance of 10pesewas to redeem their Magic Recharge bonus.
- Party B&C who perform the bonus recharge will be credited with the exact reload amount or face value of the card/PIN.
vii. All customers who perform Party B&C reloads will also begin to enjoy the benefits of the Freemium leg.
vii. Customers can enjoy this leg of the promo while maintaining their existing tariff plan or bundle.
- All customers will accumulate points for every recharge that they perform. The points will be the basis for giving other rewards in the course of the promotion.
Leg 2: Premium
- Customers can opt-in to this leg of the promo by dialling
- Once subscribed, a daily charge of 40pesewas applies.
- Customers on the Premium leg will enjoy all the benefits of the Freemium leg in addition to the following;
- The chance to win bigger and better prizes.
- Virtual keys that give the customers access to open virtual doors to win instant rewards and more.
- Customers will be awarded keys for every reload they perform of value GHS 2 and above.
- Customers can open doors with their keys by dialling the short code *561# and following the prompt or via the web portal which can be accessed through a link which will be shared via a link customers would receive upon subscription.
- Bonus mechanics
- Customers will only qualify for the random multiplier bonuses when they recharge with GHS 2 or more.
- Bonuses will only apply for reloads of value GHS 2 and above.
- Customers who have subscribed to the promotion by dialling *561# can reload via the standard short code *134*PIN# (Party A reload).
- Customers can reload used PINS for bonuses by dialling *561*PIN#. &C reloads will only unlock the face value of the PIN.
- All bonuses acquired through this promotion are valid till midnight of the same day.
- The bonus can only be used for calling other Vodafone lines and browsing activities only at the rate of 50p/min and 50p/MB.
- Points mechanics
- Customer will be awarded points when they perform a recharge.
- Points will be allocated based on the recharge amount. Every 10p of recharge comes with 1points; every GHc1 recharge comes with 10points.
- Premium subscribers may also win points when they open the virtual doors with the virtual keys.
- Every key a user in the premium leg uses comes with 20 points.
- Customers can check their points by dialling *562# or *563# for Freemium and Premium respectively.
- Points cannot be used to redeem network or non-network rewards.
- The more points a subscriber accrues, the higher their chances of winning a monthly reward as well as the Grand prize.
Below is the list of prizes that a customer may win as they participate in the promotion;
||Subscribers to be rewarded (3 months)
|Trip to Dubai for 2
||1st Runner Up
||2nd Runner Up
|Trip to Dubai
|Samsung Note 9
||Premium & Freemium
||Premium and Freemium
- The customer that does the 1st eligible reload of the day will win an instant reward.
- Counting from the 1st recharge, any customer who falls on every 3000th reload will all be awarded with an instant reward on a daily basis until 200 customers have been rewarded.
- Premium subscribers also stand the chance to win instant rewards whenever they open doors with their keys.
- At the end of every month, Freemium subscriber with the highest points will be rewarded with a Nokia One phone.
- At the end of every month, Premium subscribers with the top 2 highest points will be rewarded with an iphone X and a Samsung Note 9 respectively.
- At the end of the promo, the Premium customer with the highest point will be rewarded with a Hyundai Creta.
- The Premium customer with the second highest points will be rewarded with a trip to Dubai for 2.
- The Premium customer with the third highest points will be rewarded with a motorcycle.
- The Freemium subscriber with the highest points will be rewarded with a trip to Dubai
- In case of a tie for any of the prizes, the customer with the higher tenure on the network takes the prize. If it ties at the tenure level, the Customer with the highest revenue for the past three months prior to the Promotion takes the prize.
- General Terms for Prizes:
- No one subscriber can win more than one monthly prize in any of the promo legs over the entire promotion period. Should a Player accumulate the most points in more than one month during the promo period, any subsequent winning will be passed on to the player with the next highest number of points accumulated.
- Prizes will only be awarded to the person in whose name the SIM card is registered.
- For Customers who want to delegate someone else to receive their prizes or rewards, the delegated person will have to present an authority note together with a copy of a valid Identity document of himself and the winner to be able to receive the reward or prize.
- All cash prizes will be deposited into the Vodafone cash account of Customers.
- Customers who have not registered for Vodafone Cash will have to register and activate their accounts after which their prizes will be deposited into their Vodafone Cash accounts.
- If a customer does not register on Vodafone cash after 30 days of them being informed of winning a cash prize, Vodafone reserves the right to decide what to do with the cash prize.
- Winners of cash prizes will be notified by Vodafone once their prizes are activated. The winners shall sign all consent documents and provide identity documents required by Vodafone before prizes are actually handed over.
- Vodafone shall not be responsible for the process of Customers converting their electronic money into physical cash or exchanging it for goods and services.
7. Abuse and disqualification
7.1. PARTICIPANTS are not allowed to use machines that send automatic SMS messages or automate/facilitate the answer process or any other alternative of sending SMSs, other than the mobile phone. This prohibits the use of any GSM modems attached to a computer or mobile phones attached to a computer. Vodafone reserves the right to disqualify any PARTICIPANT reasonably suspected to have violated this obligation.
7.2. Vodafone may refuse to award any prize if any irregularities or fraudulent activities are detected in relation to clause 7.1 above.
8. Vodafone’s responsibilities
8.1. Vodafone’s responsibility is strictly limited to giving out the prizes to the selected winners.
8.2. Vodafone cannot be held responsible for any delay or impossibility of sending, receiving and/or billing SMSs because of a technical problem. All the SMSs will be considered received by Vodafone when they are registered in the PROMO’s IT system and not when they are sent by the PARTICIPANT. All SMSs will be considered received by the PARTICIPANT at the moment they are sent from the PROMO’s IT system.
8.3 PARTICIPANTS recognize and accept that the journal of the informatics system of the PROMO’s IT System is the proof of the date, hour, minute and second of their receiving/sending each SMS message.
- Limitation of liability
- Vodafone accepts no responsibility whatsoever for and without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control.
- Vodafone shall make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the benefits promoted as being available to participants in this Promotion will actually be available as represented. However, Vodafone does not guarantee or warrant that such benefits shall always be available.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of Vodafone which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Vodafone may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected participant. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Vodafone and which prevents Vodafone from complying with these terms and conditions, Vodafone will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- Vodafone reserves the right to suspend the Promotion temporarily or permanently for legal, regulatory and for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades) whenever it is deemed necessary. Vodafone undertakes where possible to restore the Promotion as soon as practicable after any temporary suspension period. Vodafone shall not be liable for any claims, losses or injuries whatsoever the Customer may suffer as a result any such suspension.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Vodafone makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the promotion will be uninterrupted and error-free.
- Neither Vodafone nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Customer for participating in the promotion or as a result of accepting any prize.
- Vodafone shall not be responsible for any technical malfunction of any telephone or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Customers’ or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials on the promotion.
- By entering the promotion, Customers agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted or made against Vodafone, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance or user of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
- 11. Data protection and Publicity
- By participating in the promotion, the winners agree that any of their data, including names, photos and video images, may be used by Vodafone for advertising, demonstration or marketing purposes with no prior consent of the winner and at no charge to Vodafone.
- Customers agree that if they win a prize their names and phone number will be published for informational purposes only.
- Customers consent that Vodafone as a Data Controller may disclose Customers’ data to its contractors or agents (data processors) in line with the Data Protection Act, 2010 (Act 843) to assist in conducting this promotion or any future promotions.
- A customer’s continued participation in the Promotion constitutes his acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions. Members are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that Vodafone may make to these Terms and Conditions. Vodafone will endeavour to make available the Terms and Conditions and any changes thereto on the Vodafone website – www.vodafone.com.gh
- Members are liable for any claims from third parties, including the tax authorities, arising from participation in this Promotion.
- Personal data relating to participants in the Promotion will be processed and used for purposes of the Promotion in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law. Personal data shall be used and exchanged by Vodafone.
- Vodafone reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or amend the offer and these Terms and Conditions, reward structure, participation of any subscriber in the Promotion, or procedures at any time. Any changes will be posted on the Vodafone website and other online platforms and shall be binding on a subscriber. Vodafone will use all endeavours to minimise any effect on the subscriber in order to avoid disappointment.
- In the event of dispute regarding the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, conduct and all other matters relating to the offer the decision of Vodafone shall be final and without appeal.
- These Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect while the Promotion lasts (not taking into account temporary suspensions of the Promotion for operational reasons, e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana.