The Vodafone “Micropayments” Product (Product) starts on 15th February, 2017 at 00:00:01 GMT. This is a product of Ghana Telecommunications Company Limited (operating under the brand name Vodafone Ghana, and hereinafter referred to as “Vodafone”).
The following provisions define the terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) governing the Product. By opting for this Product, the Customer shall be deemed to have consented and agreed to these Terms and Conditions and be bound accordingly.
All Customers warrant that they have read carefully and have understood fully these Terms and Conditions which are also posted on http://www.vodafone.com.gh.
- A customer must be registered subscriber on the Vodafone network to benefit from this Product.
- This Product allows a subscriber to purchase a mobile device from Vodafone through instalment payments.
- A subscriber must be registered on Vodafone Cash to benefit from this Product.
- The subscriber must dial *110# and choose the Device Payment option and follow the prompts to benefit. A subscriber has upto four (4) months to complete payment for the device chosen.
- A subscriber must choose a device and a payment period within which the device cost will be paid.
- Within a payment cycle, a subscriber can request for a mini-statement of account at any point by using the USSD platform which will display the last four transactions or by visiting the Vodafone Retail Shop for assistance.
- A subscriber can pay more than the allocated daily amount to complete payment early and collect device.
- The device choice can be changed once in the course of a payment cycle and not after full payment has been made.
- In the event that a subscriber intends to opt-out of the Product, a charge of 5% shall be levied on the amount contributed at the time the option is effected. Vodafone shall refund the contributions received minus the 5% within 48hours of receipt of the notification to opt-out into the Subscriber’s Vodafone Cash Wallet.
- Upon full payment of the price of the device, a subscriber can then pick up the device at the nearest Vodafone Retail Shop 24 hours after the final payment is made. A valid identification card (voters ID, driver’s license, passport, NHIL card, Biometric SSNIT ID) will be inspected before the device is handed over to the subscriber at the point of redemption.
- In the event that a Subscriber is unable to finish payment within the duration selected, the Subscriber can continue payment until full amount is paid before a device will be allocated. Vodafone does not guarantee the availability of the device selected by the Subscriber after the expiration of the selected duration of payment. The following options shall be open to Vodafone in such circumstances:
- Deliver the selected device,
- Deliver a device with equivalent specifications, or
- Ask the Subscriber to top up on the amount paid for a newer model
- Where a Subscriber is unable to complete the payment for a device within a maximum period of 12 months, Vodafone shall refund into the Vodafone Cash Wallet of the Subscriber. The amount paid shall be less a penalty of 10% of the total amount paid.
Limitation of liability
- Vodafone accepts no responsibility whatsoever for and without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control.
- Vodafone reserves the right to suspend the Product temporarily or permanently for legal, regulatory and for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades) whenever it is deemed necessary. Vodafone undertakes where possible to restore the Product as soon as practicable after any temporary suspension period. Vodafone shall not be liable for any claims, losses or injuries whatsoever the Customer may suffer as a result any such suspension.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- Vodafone makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the Product will be uninterrupted and error-free.
- Neither Vodafone nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Customer for participating in the Product.
- Vodafone reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or amend the offer and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted online and shall be binding on a Customer.
- In the event of dispute regarding the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, conduct and all other matters relating to the offer the decision of Vodafone shall be final and without appeal.
- These Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect while the offer lasts (not taking into account temporary suspensions of the offer for operational reasons, e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana.