By using this Product, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions. The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions:
“Party” and “Parties refers to either the Subscriber or VODAFONE and both the Subscriber and VODAFONE, respectively.
“SOS CREDIT account” refers to the dedicated account, which will be created when a Subscriber’s request for advance airtime credit is approved.
“Subscriber”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person participating in this service and accepting VODAFONE’s Terms and Conditions.
VODAFONE, “We” and “Us”, refers to Ghana Telecommunications Company Limited (Vodafone).
“VODAFONE SOS CREDIT” refers to this Product, which allows eligible prepaid Subscribers to access airtime on credit when their airtime balance is low or out of balance.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization is taken as interchangeable and therefore referring to same. Any reference to natural persons include legal persons and vice-versa and references to any gender includes reference to the other gender and vice-versa.
The following terms and conditions refer to the offer, acceptance, and consideration necessary for the Subscriber to participate in the use of the VODAFONE’s SOS CREDIT:
- VODAFONE’s SOS CREDIT will be available to eligible Prepaid Subscribers only.
- Eligibility criteria for VODAFONE’s SOS CREDIT include but is not limited to the following:
- SIM must be prepaid.
- SIM must be registered and .
- SIM must be on network for at least 180 days.
- SIM must be recharged at least once in a 60-day period.
- Subscriber’s main account balance reaches certain threshold
- VODAFONE GHANA’s consideration of subscriber’s average monthly spend
- VODAFONE’s SOS CREDIT can be accessed via the following channels:
- USSD code by dialing *505#
- SMS by sending keywords to 505
- Subscribers can also receive an invitation via SMS, IVR or USSD to access the service when they are trying to make a call, sending an SMS or purchasing a bundle but have insufficient airtime.
- Different credit bands are available to different subscribers, depending on the subscriber’s profile (tenure on network, spend frequency, etc). Available credit bands include:
|SOS Credit Advance Denominations
||SOS Credit Advance Denominations
- Other SOS CREDIT airtime denominations can be introduced and/or existing denomination withdrawn as the need arises without prior notice to Subscribers.
- SOS CREDIT airtime will be loaded in a special SOS CREDIT account for successful requests.
- A service charge of 10% of the requested airtime is charged per successful request.
- Subsequent chargeable services e.g. calls, SMS, Data and VAS used by a Subscriber will be charged from his/her SOS CREDIT account and not from the main account once the SOS CREDIT account has been credited.
- SOS CREDIT airtime can be used for all chargeable activities on the VODAFONE network including but not limited to the following:
- Voice calls
- Prepaid Data Bundles
- A Subscriber must recharge her/his account via any of the available physical, logical, or virtual recharge channels to payback the SOS CREDIT airtime borrowed. The amount borrowed is first deducted from the recharge amount and the balance, if any, will then be credited to the Subscriber’s main account.
- In cases where the recharge amount is less than the outstanding SOS CREDIT amount, the total amount recharged will be deducted and the subsequent recharges will be used to recover whatever is outstanding until the loan is fully recovered.
- When a Subscriber exhausts her/his SOS CREDIT Total Credit Limit (TCL), the Subscriber will not be able to make chargeable calls or perform any other chargeable activity until the credit advanced to her/him is paid back in full by recharging her/his account.
- However, a Subscriber will still be able to call Customer Care or any other toll-free number when s/he exhausts her/his SOS CREDIT airtime.
- A Subscriber will still be able to receive calls when s/he exhausts her/his SOS CREDIT airtime.
- A Subscriber must pay back the full amount of airtime borrowed even if the airtime has not been used at all.
- In the event, a Subscriber owes SOS CREDDIT and another Subscriber intends to bundle or send airtime to the owing Subscriber, the amount owed shall be deducted and the remaining amount credited to the owing Subscriber. In the event of a bundle being sent by someone, the bundle benefits shall not be received, however, the cost of the bundle minus the amount owed shall be credited to the account of the owing Subscriber. You agree that a notice of this deduction shall be sent to the sender of the bundle.
- In cases where a Subscriber has airtime in both her/his main account and SOS CREDIT account, any service will first be charged from the SOS CREDIT account before being charged from the main account.
- There is no limitation on the number of times a Subscriber can borrow SOS CREDIT airtime, as long as s/he meets all other eligibility criteria and is within his/her credit limit.
- By applying for an SOS account, you expressly consent to the collection and use of your Personal Information as set out below.
- What information we collect and why.
- When you apply for a VODAFONE SOS CREDIT, you agree that we may collect certain information about you to assess if we can offer the VODAFONE SOS CREDIT to you. This includes your mobile phone number, your name and surname, date of birth, identity or passport number and all information about your VODAFONE Mobile Money Account and how you use it (“Personal Information”).
- Mandatory collection.
- The collection of your Personal Information is mandatory (compulsory). This means that for you to receive a VODAFONE SOS CREDIT from us, you need to agree to share your Personal Information with us and certain third parties.
- What happens if we don’t get your Personal Information?
- If we do not receive your Personal Information, we cannot offer you a VODAFONE SOS CREDIT. This is why you must agree to allow us access to your Personal Information.
- Sharing your Personal Information with VODAFONE when you apply for a VODAFONE SOS CREDIT, you agree that we may also share certain Personal Information about you to third parties for profiling and regulatory purposes and to assess if we can offer a VODAFONE SOS CREDIT to you..
- Sharing your Personal Information with third parties. As far as the law allows, by accepting these Product Terms you expressly consent and authorize the Provider to share your Personal Information with any:
- local or international law enforcement or competent regulatory or government agency to help prevent, detect, investigate or prosecute criminal activities or fraud;
- other third party authorized under applicable laws;
- other third party that is needed to provide the VODAFONE SOS CREDIT, and
- Credit Reference Bureau to (amongst others) conducting credit checks or reporting to the Credit Reference Bureau as may be market custom or required by law.
- How long we keep your Personal Information.
- We will keep your Personal Information for as long as needed to keep giving you access to our services and to give you access to our products.
- Right to correct Personal Information.
- You may have access to the information we and every third party has about you and ask to correct incorrect information. There may be a reasonable cost involved in exercising this right which may change.
- Right to be forgotten.
- You have the right to ask us to delete all your Personal Information, but then we will not be able to give you access to any further products.
- Security safeguards.
- We will observe adequate and comprehensive security safeguards to protect any unauthorized use or access to your Personal Information.
- The Subscriber’s attention is specifically drawn to the provisions of these conditions which limit the liability of VODAFONE:
- Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, and representations, whether express or implied, and whether arising in contract or under common law or by statute are excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Vodafone accepts no responsibility whatsoever for and without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control.
- In no event shall VODAFONE or any officer, staff or employee of VODAFONE be liable for any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based in contract, tort or otherwise, which arise out of or are in any way connected with VODAFONE SOS CREDIT or its terms.
- You acknowledge and agree that VODAFONE reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time for any reason and reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice of obligation, to any of the information and materials contained under these terms and conditions. You further acknowledge and agree that by use of this product, you will be bound by any such revisions to the VODAFONE SOS CREDIT, and that VODAFONE has encouraged you to periodically visit its website (https://vodafone.com.gh ) to review these terms and conditions.
- VODAFONE reserves the right to amend or cancel the terms of this service or to withdraw the service entirely without notice.
- It is acknowledged that all VODAFONE services including VODAFONE SOS CREDIT are provided subject to the VODAFONE Consumer Code of Practice.
- These VODAFONE services only apply as far as the law allows.
- By accepting the VODAFONE services, you agree that the VODAFONE may transfer (cede or assign) all its rights or obligations in these VODAFONE services to any third party without your further consent.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, conduct, results, and all other matters relating to the Promotion, the decision of Vodafone shall be final and without appeal.
- If duly appointed arbitrator, court, or administrative body (with jurisdiction) finds any provision of these Terms and Conditions invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the rest of the provisions.