VODAFONE LYRICS MASTER
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Vodafone Lyrics Master (hereinafter referred to as “Lyrics Master”) is a music knowledge trivia contest organised by Ghana Telecommunications Company Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Vodafone Ghana”) and its agents. Lyrics Master allows a Vodafone Ghana consumer (hereinafter referred to as “Player” or “Players”) to pit their knowledge on Ghana music lyrics, against other Players.
- Lyrics Master is restricted to Vodafone Ghana’s consumer mobile prepaid subscribers only.
- Player must not be an employee or contractor of Vodafone Ghana, or of Vodafone Ghana’s parent company, or of Vodafone Ghana’s suppliers, or of Vodafone Ghana’s representatives, or of Vodafone Ghana’s agency businesses.
- Player must not be a direct relation of an employee of Vodafone Ghana. Direct relation includes – but not limited to – spouses, parents, siblings and children.
- Player must be the owner of the SIM Card used to participate in Lyrics Master. A Player who uses another Vodafone Ghana Subscriber’s SIM card, risk forfeiting their future winnings to the registered owner of that SIM Card.
Lyrics Master Mechanics:
- Players join Lyrics Master by dialling USSD *9730# on their Vodafone Ghana prepaid line and following the prompt; or by visiting web URL http://bit.ly/Vflyrics20
- Once registered onto Lyrics Master, a daily subscription fee of GHS 0.50 must be paid in order to unlock trivia questions for a day. The defined end to each day, is 23:59:59 GMT.
- Each day, upon successful payment of the GHS 0.50 subscription fee, a Player may dial USSD *9730# or visit web URL http://bit.ly/Vflyrics20 in order to receive and answer trivia questions for the day.
- Trivia questions for Lyrics Master, take the format of “Complete This Statement” or “Fill in the Blank Spaces”. Players are presented with extracts from lyrics of popular Ghanaian songs. These extracts have omitted parts, and Players are presented with optional words or phrases that may fill in the omitted parts. Players are given clues in the form of the song title and/or the name of the performing artiste.
- A correct answer gives a Player five (5) points. A wrong answer gives a Player two (2) points.
From 3rd March 2020 at 00:00:01 GMT, for the ensuing ninety (90) days. Lyrics Master may automatically renew after the ninety (90) days, for another cycle of ninety (90) days. Should Vodafone Ghana decide to renew Lyrics Master for another ninety (90) days, it shall send notification messages to all registered Payers by day Eighty-Five (85) of the existing cycle.
Daily Subscription Fee:
A fee of GHS0.50 entitles Players to a maximum of 20 questions in a day.
Any additional questions requested by the Player will attract GHS 0.10 per question. Same points for correct or wrong answer applies.
| ||Number of Winners||Prize per Winner
|Daily Cash||10 Daily||GHS 10
|Weekly Cash||5 Weekly||GHS 100
|Grand Cash||1 At End of Contest||GHS 5,000
Determination of Winners
Winners of Lyrics Master are to be selected based on highest points accumulated:
- Daily Cash: The ten (10) Players with the highest points accumulated within a day, automatically win GHS 10 each. A day is defined as a period from 00:00:01 GMT to 23:59:59 GMT. In the event of a tie, the Player or Players who reached the tied figure first (based on recorded timestamps), are automatically given winning advantage. A Player can only win a daily prize once per week.
- Weekly Cash: The five (5) Players with the highest points accumulated within a week, automatically win GHS 100 each. A week is defined as a period from Monday at 00:00:01 GMT, to Sunday at 23:59:59 GMT. In the event of a tie, the Player or Players who reached the tied figure first (based on recorded timestamps), are automatically given winning advantage. A Player can only win a weekly prize once for the duration of the Lyrics Master.
- Grand Cash: At the end of ninety (90) days, the Player who accumulates the most points overall, automatically wins the grand cash prize. In the event of a tie, the Player who reached the tied figure first, is automatically given winning advantage.
- In order to select winners for Lyrics Master, the following conditions shall be applied in determining which subscriber gets an advantage. These conditions are applied in the following order:
- First, the subscriber with the highest cumulative points. This is always the first winner selection criteria, unless there are ties.
- With (1) above failing to produce clear winners; the subscriber that reached the tied voting figure at the earliest time.
- With (1) and (2) above still failing to produce clear winners; the subscriber with the highest instances of successful daily GHS 0.50 subscription fee payments during the period.
Redemption of Prizes
The following rules and guidance shall be applied to winners and prizes redemption;
- All winners shall be contacted via voice call or SMS text from a Vodafone Ghana representative, to communicate arrangements for prize redemption.
- Prize shall be transferred to another subscriber if a winner contacted; does not answer the call, does not respond to SMS notifications or is out of reach within 48 hours of first contact being made.
- All Daily and Weekly cash prize payments shall be made via Vodafone Cash platform. Winners are all required to register for Vodafone Cash platform in order to successfully receive payments. Payments may come with SMS notifications.
Limitation of liability
- Vodafone Ghana accepts no responsibility whatsoever for and without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control.
- Vodafone Ghana shall make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the benefits promoted as being available to Players shall be available as represented. However, Vodafone Ghana does not guarantee or warrant that such benefits shall always be available. Vodafone Ghana advises Players to check availability of the desired benefits prior to redemption of the said benefits.
- If for any reason any aspect of Lyrics Master is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of Vodafone Ghana which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of Lyrics Master, Vodafone Ghana may in its sole discretion modify or suspend Lyrics Master. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Vodafone Ghana and which prevents Vodafone Ghana from complying with these Terms and Conditions Vodafone Ghana shall not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- Vodafone Ghana reserves the right to suspend Lyrics Master temporarily or permanently for legal, regulatory and for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades) whenever it is deemed necessary. Vodafone Ghana undertakes where possible to restore Lyrics Master as soon as practicable after any temporary suspension period. Vodafone Ghana shall not be liable for any claims, losses or injuries whatsoever the Player may suffer as a result any such suspension
Disclaimer of Warranties
- Vodafone Ghana makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of Lyrics Master shall be uninterrupted and error-free.
- Neither Vodafone Ghana nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Player for participating in the Lyrics Master.
- A Player’s continued participation in Lyrics Master constitutes the Player’s acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions. Players are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that Vodafone Ghana may make to these Terms and Conditions. Vodafone Ghana shall endeavour to make available the Terms and Conditions and any changes thereto on the Vodafone Ghana website – www.vodafone.com.gh.
- If Vodafone Ghana or any Partner improperly denies a participant any benefits that the participant ought to have earned under Lyrics Master, the participant’s exclusive remedy shall be the issuance of the improperly denied benefits by Vodafone Ghana, if available, or such other reasonable, alternative and comparable benefits as determined by Vodafone Ghana. In the event of any of the aforementioned improper denials, the liability of Vodafone Ghana shall be limited to the value of the benefits concerned.
- Participants are liable for any claims from third parties, including the tax authorities, arising from participation in Lyrics Master.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winners agree that Vodafone may use any of their data, including names, photos and video images, for advertising, demonstration or marketing purposes with no prior consent of the winner and at no charge to Vodafone. Personal data relating to participants in Lyrics Master that may be processed and used for purposes of the Lyrics Master shall be in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law. We may process the personal data of the Players as part of the Lyrics Master, in accordance with our customer Privacy Statement which can be found on the Vodafone Ghana website or can be requested at any of our Retail Shops.
- Vodafone Ghana reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or amend Lyrics Master and these Terms and Conditions, reward structure, participation of any Vodafone Ghana customer in Lyrics Master at any time. Any changes shall be posted on the Vodafone Ghana website and other online platforms and shall be binding on a Player. Vodafone Ghana shall use all endeavours to minimise any effect on the Player in order to avoid disappointment.
- In the event of dispute regarding the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, conduct and all other matters relating to Lyrics Master the decision of Vodafone Ghana shall be final and without appeal.
- These Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while Lyrics Master lasts (not taking into account temporary suspensions of Lyrics Master for operational reasons, e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana.