The StarLife Travel Companion (STC) is a life insurance policy available to Vodafone cash customers and underwritten by StarLife Assurance Company. This Insurance cover provides a defined financial benefit to the Vodafone Cash subscribers who sustain injuries leading to hospitalization, total permanent disability or death related to an accident via train, car or VRA ferry. The Policy is a renewable Term Policy. For more details, visit: www.starlife.com.gh and call StarLife Assurance on 0302739620.
The following provisions define the terms and conditions governing the Product. By subscribing to the usage of this Product through *110# the Subscriber shall be deemed to have consented and agreed to these Terms and Conditions and be bound accordingly. By subscribing to and using the Product, all Subscribers warrant that they have read carefully and have understood fully these Terms and Conditions
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Policyholders should be between 18 and 60 years of age at the time of subscribing.
- EFFECTIVE DATE OF ASSURANCE: The effective date of the assurance on any Customer shall be the day he/she opts-in/registers and is granted cover.
- DURATION OF COVER: Duration of cover is dependent on the option chosen at the time of registration; daily (24 hours) from the time of purchase), weekly or monthly.
- This Product is limited to Vodafone Cash Subscribers only and is limited to the policy as captured on the *110# USSD platform.
- A Subscriber can partake directly by dialling *110#, and navigating to the STC menu to opt-in.
- The tenor and price of each policy is as determined by the underwriter and seen on the platform.
- A policy tenor once purchased is not refundable.
- The will be no subscription fee for the STC.
Vodafone Cash shall furnish the Underwriter with the information listed below after the purchase off a policy to enable the underwriter meet its regulatory requirements and to facility the claim process:
|Name||Date of Birth||Phone Number
|ID Type||ID Number||Duration of Cover
|Start date of cover||End date of cover||Sum assured/benefit
|Premium paid||Beneficiary||Contact of beneficiary
The Underwriter is not entitled to use any of the Customer’s information for its own purposes. In addition, the Underwriter shall have no right to use the Customer’s data, whether in raw form, aggregated, or anonymised beyond what is strictly necessary to provide the Service.
The Policy coverage:
• Accidental Death, as a result of a train, car or Volta River Authority ferry accident
• Total and Permanent TPD) as a result of a train, car or VRA ferry accident
• Accidental Hospitalization Benefit: This benefit provides a daily defined financial benefit to the Policyholder if a bodily injury caused by a car, train or VRA ferry accident results in the Policyholder’s hospitalization and the Policyholder is treated as an in-patient or out-patient.
Limitation of Liability:
- Customer can reach Vodafone Cash on related issues via https://vodafone.com.gh/personal/help-3/get-in-touch/ or by dialling 100 from their Vodafone Network devices.
- Vodafone Cash shall not be held liable for any service delivery by the underwriter.
- Vodafone Cash shall not be liable for processing claims, claims request are solely the responsibility of the policy holder and their beneficiaries and the underwriter.
- Vodafone Cash reserves the right to suspend the Product temporarily or permanently for legal, regulatory and for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades) whenever it is deemed necessary. Vodafone Cash undertakes where possible to restore the Product as soon as practicable after any temporary suspension period. Vodafone Cash shall not be liable for any claims, losses or injuries whatsoever the Subscriber may suffer as a result any such suspension.
Disclaimer of Warranties:
- Vodafone Cash makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the Product will be uninterrupted and error-free.
- Neither Vodafone Cash nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Subscriber for participating in the Product.
- Vodafone Cash reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or amend the product and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted online and shall be binding on a Subscriber.
- In the event of dispute regarding the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, conduct and all other matters relating to the offer the decision of Vodafone Cash shall be final and without appeal.
- These Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect while for the duration of the term (not taking into account temporary suspensions of the Product for operational reasons, e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana.